Kicking off the arrival of October with a #TreatThursday featuring a dog-friendly version of beef tartar! This recipe is more of a meal than a treat, although you can choose to feed as a supplement to your dog’s meals. I got creative and made this for Alaska last night for dinner, and she argued with me in language Dog to hurry up with the pictures and just let her munch! 🙂
As most of my readers know, Alaska is fed a primarily frozen raw diet with the supplementation of freeze-dried and dehydrated raw to add nutrients and balance out her diet. This beef tartar recipe calls for a completed and balanced blend of raw dog food in beef, but if you do not already feed a frozen raw diet, you may absolutely substitute the dog food with regular ground beef you’d find at your local grocery store/butcher shop. Requiring less than 5 simple and wholesome ingredients, this is the ultimate homemade dog food recipe that is healthy, balanced and nutritious!
6 ounces of raw dog food (beef)
1 organic raw egg
1 scoop Clear Conscience Pet SuperGravy
- Using a large donut mold, knead the raw dog food firmly into the mold until it settles on the bottom.
- Place mold onto a clean plate.
- Remove the mold, or flip the raw food over onto the plate.
- Crack a raw egg into the donut hole center of the raw food.
- Carefully line the top of the raw food donut with the vegetable mix.
- Sprinkle SuperGravy supplement mix over the top of the ‘beef tartar.’
- Serve immediately and store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Enjoy! 🙂