For this week’s #TreatThursday segment, I’d like to share a veggie-based dog treat recipe that is not only healthy, but loaded with fiber, protein, and essential vitamins and nutrients that dogs need to thrive. It is a very simple recipe that calls for simple, clean ingredients that you probably have at home or can easily buy anywhere. So take some time in the kitchen to whip up these delicious homemade Spinach, Carrot & Zucchini Bones for your deserving pup!
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 cups quinoa flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Combine spinach, carrots, pumpkin puree, eggs, zucchini, and peanut butter in a large bowl.
- Fold in flour and oats until well combined.
- Roll out dough and use cookie cutter of choice.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool and then serve. Store leftover treats in airtight container in the fridge.