For the first time ever, I’d like to present a series of homemade dog treat recipes for #TreatThursdays. I keep a cookbook of all the dog treat recipes I’ve experimented with, as well as the recipes that I put together so I can make in the future, to keep track of which ones Alaska likes and which ones I need to tweak. I am one of those dog moms that has to know exactly what is in my dog’s food and treats, so what can possibly beat simple, homemade dog treats made by myself right in my own kitchen? Nothing is more rewarding than treating your dog to healthy, homemade treats and watching her enjoy the fruits of your labor.
So here is this week’s #TreatThursdays recipe:
No Bake Loco for Coco Morsels
- 1/3 Cup organic Coconut Oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons all-natural Peanut Butter
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1/3 Cup Finely Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- Add coconut oil, banana, and peanut butter to food processor and mix until smooth.
- Fold in rolled oats until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Scoop out bite sized pieces with a spoon and roll into little balls.
- Toss each ball gently in the finely shredded coconut until well coated.
- Place on a flat tray lined with baking paper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve.
If your dog is a fan of peanut butter (whose isn’t?), they will love these tasty treats. Pure, simple, and unprocessed, these make the perfect low-calorie, healthy snack. The best part is that there is no need to leave your house and splurge on these treats; by using ingredients lying around in the kitchen, making homemade dog treats has never been easier!
Dog treat recipe tested and approved by Quality Control Executive Alaska! 🙂